Who can join CIRA?
Membership in the Canadian Industrial Relations Association is open to any person or organization interested in the field of industrial relations. Our membership includes students, academics and professionals from across Canada and around the world.
- Free subscription to the world’s first academic journal in industrial relations and the only journal in the field in Canada, Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations. The journal is published by the Department of Industrial Relations at Laval University in Québec City and includes articles of high quality on all aspects of the world of work, reviews of significant books in the field, and a bibliography of recent articles published throughout the field worldwide.
- Please note that due to the current labour dispute at the University of Laval. distrobution of issue 72-1 will be somewhat delayed/
- Free subscription to the PWR: work&labour news&research, a weekly e-publication intended to keep researchers, companies, workers, and governments aware of the latest information related to IR/HR disciplines for the purposes of research, understanding and debate
- Substantial registration discount to the annual CIRA conference where you have the opportunity to meet others who share your interests in the field, including top academics, practitioners and graduate students. Past conferences have featured graduate student forums, lively discussions, social gatherings and the presentation of the latest research in the field.
- Eligibility for awards including the Allen Ponak Best Student Paper Award
How to join CIRA?
Select your membership type and complete the online membership form. The four categories of membership are:
- Regular Membership ($120),
- Full-time Students ($60),
- Retired Persons ($60)
- Institutions ($160)
Dues are paid and based on the calendar year. Join the Canadian Association of Industrial Relations today!